Education is empowering, language is freedom, accessibility is equality.
I understand the challenges families of deaf children and members of Deaf community trying to navigate the journey regarding NDIS, Education and Auslan.
I have provided educational leadership, support and programs in primary and secondary mainstream settings, early intervention/early childhood, specialist, regional/central administration, TAFE and community. I have undertaken the role of a Visiting Teacher, Early Intervention Teacher, LOTE teacher, Teacher of the Deaf ,Yoga , Wellbeing and Art Coordinator within different schools and programs. I have represented as a board member for Deaf Victoria, Deaf Australia and Arts Access Victoria where I was active as an advocate and policy maker for Deaf Australians. I also advocated for Deaf youth and families with young deaf children.
I have extensive experience in providing NDIS consulting services for families and Deaf community.
I worked as a language consultant and Auslan translator for community services, art galleries and Deaf community.
As a Deaf consultant, I offer:
- Auslan translation/language consultancy services
- Translation of English text usually presented on video or face to face.
- Language consultancy support for Deaf translators
- Language/cultural consultancy support for Interpreters
- Advocacy information support for Deaf clients
- Advocacy information support for families of deaf children
- Educational consultancy services
- Consultancy support services for families of deaf children wanting to know about available educational pathways
- Consultancy services for educational services with enrolled deaf student(s)
- NDIS support
- Translation/advocacy/linkages services for NDIS/NDIA participants
These services may be reimbursed via NDIS or NDIA participants.
Time/Date negotiable. Pricing are based on NDIS price guide 2021/2022.
Consultancy services may be offered via online or face to face.
Please contact me for more information.